Saturday, January 22, 2011

Quilt ideas

Early this week I received a fabric order from Fabric Shack, one of my favourite online stores. Not only do they have a great range and good prices but they have $7 international shipping for up to 9 yards of fabric. Amongst other goodies, I had ordered my first charm packs (a stack of 5"x5" fabric pieces). I have just started making half-square-triangles from the "Fresh Flowers" charm pack.



I'm not exactly sure how I'll end up arranging the HSTs or how large the quilt will be....there are so many options, many of which I have bookmarked on Flickr. I have ordered a second charm pack in "Fresh Flowers",  some extra fabric of my favourite prints from this range plus enough to back the quilt. I topped up my $6 envelope with some quarter yards of "Sunkissed" (my other charm pack) and fabric for a dress for one of the younger girls. Now I have another parcel to look forward to in about 2 weeks or less. In the meantime, I'll keep sewing and planning....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sure your quilt will be fabulous.
I admire people who quilt, they have much more patience and ability to stick at things than me- my style is quick, easy, over-and-done-with, certainly not the qualities needed for quilting!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Some quilts can be quite quick and easy to make. Have a look at this post by Corrie at Retromummy. http://retromummy.blogspot.com/2011/01/first-quilt-for-queensland.html

You might really like quilting! It can be much quicker than knitting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...